Description: How do you become a Rockstar in the kitchen? It starts with getting your hands on the freshest locally grown ingredients. Our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) makes that part easy and convenient!
What Does It Look Like?
Imagine getting a customizable farm box, created by you, filled with the best locally produced food the Kootenays has to offer, delivered right to your door. You open up your order and pull out a big crisp head of green lettuce, a bunch of juicy orange carrots, golden brown sourdough waffles, and a jar of roasted garlic and arugula pest. All lovingly made by us, Emily and Nathan, your local farmers.
With our CSA you'll spend less time wandering the grocery store and more time gathered around the kitchen table, cooking epic meals with your friends and family that everyone will be boasting about.
How Does It Work?
Our CSA Credit program works a little differently than most. Instead of paying for a season's worth of vegetables upfront, you will instead receive credits for our online farm store. With your CSA credits you can order what you want, when you want, in the quantities that you want. Growing vegetables is just one aspect of what we do, so we want to be able to give you the maximum amount of flexibility in what and how often you can order.
Here's how to get involved in our CSA:
- Order your CSA Credits by purchasing a CSA.
- You will then be sent an email containing your 16 digit CSA Credit number.
- Once you receive your CSA Credit number you can start placing orders in our online farm store.
- Once you’ve built your order, simply enter your CSA Credit number during checkout in the “CSA Farm Credit ” section to pay for your order.
- We will then deliver your order to your door on the designated delivery days for your area. That’s it! It’s super easy. You can start using your CSA Credits right away, or you can wait until we have our spring and summer offering.
6 Perks To Joining Our CSA
Save 10% when you sign up for our CSA Farm Credits.
More choice and flexibility. With our CSA Farm Credits you can order what you want, when you want, in the quantity that you want.
Less food waste. Traditional CSAs give you a set amount of produce every week. If you have a difficult time eating all of your produce during that week, that food will go to waste. With our CSA Farm Credits you can order what you want in the amounts that best suit your needs.
Less confusion. There is no need to let us know when you’ll be out of town. You are free to order what you want, when you want it.
Share the love! You’re free to share your CSA Credit number with family members and friends.
Reloadable. Renew your CSA Credits when they run out for an additional 10% off!
10 Benefits Of Joining Our CSA
1. By investing in our farm you're helping to strengthen our local food security. If the pandemic and the war in Ukraine have taught us anything, it’s that we’re becoming increasingly more vulnerable to food shortages. By choosing to invest in local farms you are helping to build a thriving local food scene which will protect our community against future food shortages.
2. With our easy online ordering and farm-to-door delivery service, you’ll have easy and convenient access to the freshest and best tasting local produce and products.
3. You will get access to our wide-selection of baked goods made with our freshly milled flours, seasonal pantry items and beautiful season flower bouquets made by us. These products will exclusively be available through our online farm store.
4. Confluence Farms offers a curated selection of the best locally produced food, sourced from local artisans and farmers. By supporting our farm you’re also supporting the network of small businesses and farmers that we work with.
5. We grow and source rare and unique varieties of fruits and veggies that you won't be able to find at a grocery store. This will give you the opportunity to explore different ingredients and flavours, improve your cooking skills and impress your family and friends with new and delicious dishes!
6. Fresh local food is the most nutritious food you can buy. By eating locally you can become a healthier and happier person.
7. Joining a CSA gives you the opportunity to get to know your farmer personally. Building a relationship with your farmer can make you feel like you're more a part of the community.
8. Knowing your farmer is the best way to ensure that your food is being grown in a sustainable and ethical way.
9. By spending your money locally you keep money within the local economy which leads to more jobs and a thriving community in the long run.
10. Committing to eating locally is one easy action you can take to reduce your carbon footprint and to try and slow down the climate crisis that we are currently in.
Most Frequently Asked Questions.
Where do you deliver to?
We will be delivering exclusively to any home between 6 Mile, Nelson, Pass Creek, Castlegar and Genelle.
Do you offer on-farm pick up?
When should I sign up?
You should sign up as soon as possible. CSA spots fill up fast so he sure to claim one when they become available.
When does it start and end?
It starts as soon as you receive your CSA Credit number and ends when your credits run out.
What happens when my CSA Credits run out?
When your credits run out you can either renew for an additional 10% off or you can give up your CSA and we will give it to the next person in line.
What if I have to miss a week?
Not a problem! You don’t have to let us know if you’re leaving. You're free to use your CSA Credits whenever you like.
What if I have more questions?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org